Additional Info and Clarifications
NOV. 19th UPDATE:
KIDSPORTS High School Flag Football Families,
Thank you for your patience and understanding through this challenging season.
The high school players have one more game to finish out the season.
Unfortunately, due to the current statewide freeze, there have been some substantial changes required for this last game.
OHA (Oregon Health Authority) only just released the new outdoor youth sport guidelines yesterday, Wednesday, 11/18.
With the collaboration and cooperation of the HS Flag football coaches, a new schedule has been created that reflects the changes required by the State. We thank the HS Coaches for their quick responses.
Due to the stricter limitations on field capacity, there will be only two teams on the field at a time. No others will be allowed. See below.
Parents and registrants please read this information carefully – it is important.
- No spectators allowed inside or outside of the Civic Park facility
- This includes the area above the turf, the fence surrounding the field, and any other common areas around the field.
- The only people allowed to attend are KIDSPORTS approved rostered players and KIDSPORTS pre-approved and certified coaches (maximum number allowed per team has been communicated to coaches).
- No one else is allowed to be in attendance inside or outside of the Civic Park facility.
- If these requirements are not upheld at all times throughout the evening, games will be stopped and cancelled.
- Some teams will play Friday night 11/20, and some teams will play Monday night 11/23
- The up to date schedules are now listed when you login to your Dash account
These new regulations are very important and must be followed in order for the players to get to play their last game of the season.
Thank you again for your cooperation, patience, and understanding,
All players, coaches, spectators, referees, staff, etc. must wear masks during practices and games. There will be occasions during practices when the players can take a break from the mask during drills where everyone maintains proper social distancing. See the Oregon Heath Authority guidelines for youth sports return to play: https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2351e.pdf
Spectators: Our first priority is to provide a safe and quality youth sport experience for all kids. We have worked diligently behind the scenes in order to be able to provide some spectator space for parents. For practices and games, 1 parent/guardian per child will be invited into the park to watch their child. We know this is a hardship for all, however, we have limited spectator space on the field due to COVID protocol and regulations. We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding in order to provide a safe and quality youth sport experience for all children participating.
Out of District Participation:
For this fall season we are limiting participation to players in the Eugene/Springfield area and nearby surrounding communities within 25 miles. Practices/games take place at Civic Park in Eugene. If you are in a nearby surrounding community and want to register and get placed on a team, sign up like all other individual registrants at www.kidsports.org. If your school is not listed when registering, select OTHER and list your school and town in the NOTES section.
Practice/Game Facility Protocol:
- Check-in will begin approximately 20 minutes prior to the listed time on your schedule.
- Entrance to the Park for scheduled games will be at the northwest gate/ENTRANCE.
- A Health/Wellness check will be conducted for all participants, coaches, and officials upon entering Civic Park.
For practices and games, 1 parent/guardian per child will be invited into the park to watch their child. We know this is a hardship for all, however, we have limited spectator space on the field due to COVID protocol and regulations. We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and understanding in order to provide a safe and quality youth sport experience for all children participating.
- All players, coaches, spectators, referees, staff, etc. must wear masks during practices and games when proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
- There will be occasions during practices when the players can take a break from the mask during drills where everyone maintains proper social distancing.
- We understand that this will be difficult for some children, but our team and coaches are prepared to help kids through it and still create a great fall sport experience.
- See the Oregon Heath Authority guidelines for youth sports return to play: https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2351e.pdf
- If you have a medical exemption, please alert our staff when you check in.
- KS Masks will be available for sale ($5) at Civic Park.
Spectator Guidelines: Spectators will have a designated area that you will be assigned to stay in during the practices/games. There is no re-entry allowed into the park once you leave – except for emergency situations Spectators can bring a folding chair (with a soft base on the legs that won’t penetrate or damage field surface). Tents are not allowed. Spectators will be expected to follow covid protocol for social distancing and wearing masks. Spectators should pay attention to the activity on the field at all times and be aware of loose balls that may come in your direction. If a ball comes in your direction, try to limit contacting the ball with your hands and let a field monitor or coach return the ball to play. Your presence on the sideline enhances your child’s youth sport experience if you play your role. Please see our Spectator Guidelines at https://kidsports.org/parents/ to see how you can play your role and ensure that all kids playing have fun and are able to learn valuable life lessons that will help them to be successful both on and off the field.
- We ask that all players, coaches leave the park promptly after the completion of the game. The next teams arriving need to get checked-in and have the field cleared quickly.
- Exit from the Park for all participants, coaches, officials, will be at the northeast gate/EXIT.