Kidsports 5th-6th grade tackle football games will follow the USA Football Rookie Tackle 7-player rule book at this link. With the following clarifications and modifications below:
5th & 6th Grade – Teams in this league will use a Junior Size Ball approved by Kidsports. Both striped balls and non-striped balls are legal.
Exception to Rookie Tackle rules Offensive Adjustments section, item #7:
Quarterback sneaks are allowed when the quarterback is in the shotgun at least 3 yards from the line of scrimmage.
- LENGTH OF TACKLE GAMES/TIME FACTORS
- Periods – All games will be played with four (4) ten (10) minute stop clock periods.
- Half-Time Period – After completion of the second period a half time intermission of ten (10) minutes shall be observed with three (3) minutes allowed for warming up prior to starting the third period.
- Time-Outs – Each team may have a maximum of three (3) time-outs per half.
- Tie Games – All regular season games that end with a tie score will continue with a Kidsports Tie-Breaker format until a winner has been determined.
- WEIGHT LIMITS :
- Players who do not make the initial weight by the weigh-in date deadline are restricted to a total of 2 quarters at offensive skill positions (QB, RB, WR). There are no defensive weight restrictions for playing positions.
- 5th-6th Grade – Over 130 lbs. are restricted to a total of 2 quarters at offensive skill positions (QB, RB, WR).