Winter 2021-22 — Online Registration is now closed for the 1st-8th grade basketball season
Late registration on a space available basis with KIDSPORTS Customer Service
Here is the latest update for KS Volunteer Coaches – please read carefully:
· KS has gained some access to local school gyms and we are still actively working on what kind of practice and game times will be available to teams.
· Local school district vaccine requirements are that ALL volunteer coaches need to show proof of being fully vaccinated.
· In order to coach in the KS 2021/22 basketball season, all KS volunteer coaches – both Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches – will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
As the season approaches, more info will be available regarding the latest recommendations for covid protocols and mask policy for players, coaches, spectators, etc. during practices and games.
The format for the season will be that teams will be scheduled each weekend for a short practice time immediately followed by their game.
– We will follow the latest covid health recommendations at the time of the season.
– Spectator attendance may be limited due to spacing limitations.
A great introduction to basketball and a fun activity for kids of all sizes and abilities, we modify the rules of the game to maximize success and growth. The basket height is lowered to 8-1/2′ and we restrict defenses to man-to-man and no back-court guarding. Each team will play eight regular season games. Each player receives a jersey.
Games are played 3v3 on a modified full court. For any of you familiar with our Kindergarten micro-soccer program, this is a similar concept to that format.