August 26th UPDATE
Please read carefully the updated KS Fall 2021 Covid protocols as outlined by Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and Lane County Public Health guidelines.
- Face masks and face coverings:
– For outdoor activities, players are not required to wear masks while actively practicing/playing on the field (see OHA masking requirements, section 5g) . A child may wear a face mask or covering while playing, if desired. When not actively practicing/playing on the field, players are required to wear masks on the sidelines, in huddles, and any time when they are not socially distanced from others.
– Coaches are required to wear masks at all times when not able to socially distance from players, spectators, etc.
- Hand hygiene:
– Hand sanitizer has been provided for each coach. Youth are welcome to also bring their own.
- Physical/Social distancing
– Coaches and youth will wear masks and/or maintain physical/social distancing during any stoppages in practices/games including huddles and water/rest breaks.
– Team spectators are required to wear masks when unable to stay physically/socially distanced from individuals from different households.
- Check-in all players to ensure no players have Covid-19 like symptoms. Please take attendance at each practice/game.
- Ensure that players and team spectators are following the guidelines to wear masks and/or keep physically/socially distanced at all times.
- Use hand sanitizer before interacting with your team.
- Coaches should wear masks when unable to maintain 6ft of physical/social distancing with players, and players should wear masks and stay physically/socially distanced from other players during huddles, half time, and stoppage of play.
- Use cones to show where player bags and water bottles should be in order to maintain social/physical distancing during arrival, water breaks, departure.
Team spectators are required to wear masks when unable to stay physically/socially distanced from individuals from different households.
Due to the uncertainty of the continually changing situation with covid, protocols and schedules are subject to change.