Join the Team • Become a coach • Make a difference
- Churchill/Willamette Sports Manager
Beth Nitkowski: [email protected]
- North/Sheldon Sports Manager
Jesse Turk: [email protected]
- South/Springfield/Thurston Sports Manager
Dan Trent: [email protected]
Did you know that the typical time commitment for Kidsports coaches is only 2-4 hours per week?!?!
Coaching Questions & Answers
What kind of impact can I have as a coach?
- Make a positive impact on a child’s life forever
- Teach skills that will help a child improve their confidence
- Help kids understand the value of teamwork
- Teach kids the love of sport
- Help our younger generation stay fit/active/healthy
Who can become a coach? I never played sports, so maybe I am not a good fit?
You don’t need to be a professional athlete, an ex-college star, or an ex-High School phenom to be a coach. In fact, some of our best coaches have little to none personal experience playing sports. Here are the core characteristics of AWESOME coaches:
The above list captures the key components to great coaches who have the ability to make a positive impact on young athletes. The things you are worried about, the things you may not know about a sport, can be easily taught. In fact, Kidsports has unlimited resources for new coaches such as videos, practice plans, etc. Kidsports also offers coaching clinics to all coaches. Lastly, Kidsports has dedicated Sports Managers who attend practices to make sure you have all the support you need.
- Coaches Corner
- Spanish Language Version of Coach Application Documents
- Coach Application (Required Courses)
- Coach Meetings and Packets
- Concussion Policy
- Line-Up Cards
- Coach Handbook
- Corporate Policies
Want to chat with someone about becoming a coach?
All coaching positions at Kidsports are volunteer positions.
Become a part of the Kidsports Family – volunteer to be a Kidsports Coach
There are many different coaching opportunities for all of our upcoming sports – and there just may be an opportunity that fits for you.
Whether you are an experienced coach, or someone who has no experience coaching – Kidsports now offers FREE coach training certification. It’s our goal, to help you become the best coach that you can be.
Note: Kidsports Coaches volunteer their time to coach practices and games for their team free of charge. We don’t condone payment to our coaches for their service during a Kidsports season.
We are currently seeking interested volunteers to “JOIN THE TEAM” and become Certified Kidsports Coaches. What exactly is a Certified Kidsports Coach? What it means to be a Certified Kidsports Coach includes:
- All Kidsports Coaches will receive FREE online training to become certified in how to coach kids and protecting kids from abuse.
- All Kidsports Coaches will have the opportunity to attend FREE Sport Specific Coaching Clinics
- All Kidsports Coaches receive FREE online concussion awareness training
- All Kidsports Coaches are required to pass a FREE criminal background check yearly
- All Kidsports Coaches sign and are held to a Kidsports “Coach Pledge”
- All Kidsports Coaches will receive a Coach picture ID Badge — ****Benefits of KS Coach ID Badge (*benefits valid upon completion of requirements):
- Free access to all Bethel, 4J, and Springfield High School Regular Season Athletic Events
- Access to the Portland based Nike Employee Store one time per year (during the month of July with invite only)
- Access to the Portland based Adidas Employee store (once per quarter with invite only)
We invite you to continue to help keep Kidsports a safe and successful place for kids to grow; and learn about sports with all the great lessons they provide – and we will continue to offer them the best team sports experience around.
Coaching youth sports can be one of the most engaging and rewarding experiences of a lifetime. When you coach a Kidsports team you are taking the opportunity to give back to your community; share your knowledge with kids in a safe, positive and supportive way; and making a difference in kids’ lives.
Along with parents and schools, coaches are keys to developing character in children. Children who are coached responsibly in sport achieve better grades, are less likely to engage in dangerous behavior, live longer, and healthier lives due to improved fitness they carry forward from youth sports.
“JOIN THE TEAM” and help us provide a great experience for our kids – for now, and for the next 50 years and beyond.