4 weeks, 12 sessions, Nov. 28 – Dec. 21
$375 total *
@ KIDSPORTS Fieldhouse (2054 Amazon Parkway, Eugene, OR, 97405)
* Scholarship discount of 40% off is available to those that qualify: Click Here for requirements
Contact us before you complete your registration to provide us with your proof of scholarship qualification and to have us make the scholarship option available on your account in our new DaySmart registration system.
Welcome to Kidsports PlayMakers, previously known as P.E. Fusion. Here at Kidsports PlayMakers, Kids Make Play! As a supplement to traditional physical education curriculum, Kidsports PlayMakers helps kids develop physical literacy through fun, challenging, age appropriate activities & games. This after school P.E. program is for youth ages Kindergarten through 5th grade. Participants will engage in a variety of physical education activities while creating meaningful and lasting connections with other youth and the enthusiastic, knowledgeable KS staff. The program will take place indoors and outdoors at the Kidsports Fieldhouse and the Market of Choice turf field at Civic Park.
Kidsports Playmaker Program Description:
• The Kidsports PlayMakers program runs in 4-week sessions, every Tuesday from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Wednesday from 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm, and Thursday from 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm
• A typical daily schedule includes a brief drop-off window, unstructured play, an afternoon circle, a warm-up, structured P.E. activities, a cool-down, and a short snack!
• From dodgeball and basketball, to freeze tag and shark-and-minos, youth will engage in incredibly active, fun experiences during PlayMakers sessions.
• Kidsports PlayMakers sessions are designed to develop the ABC’s of physical literacy: agility, balance, and coordination. These sessions also help children to increase cardiovascular endurance through modified games and activities that are both fun and age appropriate.
• The PlayMakers program aids in a child’s optimal growth and development by providing CDC recommended levels of physical activity, which in turn helps to improve a child’s focus, their confidence, competence and character skills.
• These listed abilities also have the capability to be transferred to other aspects of their life. Structured P.E. activities provided in this program will create an environment where not only All Kids can have fun while working out and being safe, but also, start youth on a pathway to a future of lifetime fitness and wellness.
• Movement is key to longer, happier lives. Play and movement activities are important in a child’s life because they engage mind, body, and spirit, as well as promote physical and emotional health while helping kids learn. Play and movement activities also help to cultivate character, compassion, competence, and confidence.
• Kidsports PlayMakers is aimed at helping kids to stay healthy, and equips them for life’s challenges by also teaching persistence, resilience, and positive, productive thinking
Safety and Sanitation
Don’t worry, we are planning comprehensive safety and sanitation measures to ensure for both a fun and safe environment.
We plan to adhere to the latest Covid guidance from the Oregon Health Authority and Lane County Health at the time of the camps.
Participants can bring a water bottle (marked with name).