Additional Info and Clarifications
All players, coaches, spectators, referees, staff, etc. must wear masks at all times inside the facility. See the Oregon Heath Authority guidelines for youth sports return to play: https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state.or.us/DHSForms/Served/le2351e.pdf
- Due to limited facility space, there is capacity for only ONE PARENT SPECTATOR per player at practice and games
- **PLEASE NOTE: INDOOR COVID protocols – unlike outdoor protocols – DO NOT ALLOW FOR SPECTATORS TO SWITCH PLACES – that is where one parent leaves and another parent enters – DURING the games or BETWEEN the games. THIS CANNOT BE FACILITATED FOR THE INDOOR VOLLEYBALL SEASON.
- The indoor facilities used for the Volleyball Program this year – per OHA guidelines – limit the number of people that can be inside the facility at one time
- Given the limited indoor space, siblings WILL NOT be able to enter the facility with the ONE spectator.
- We know this is a hardship for some families, however, any additional spectators, unlike the outdoor seasons, will exceed OHA capacity and risk program cancellation.
- In order to run the OHA approved sport of volleyball, KS MUST adopt the guidelines and limit the total number of people that can be inside of the facilities at all times.
Out of District Participation:
For this fall season we are limiting participation to players in the Eugene/Springfield area and nearby surrounding communities within 25 miles. Practices/games take place at Civic Park and Lane County Fairgrounds in Eugene. If you are in a nearby surrounding community and want to register and get placed on a team, sign up like all other individual registrants at www.kidsports.org. If your school is not listed when registering, select OTHER and list your school and town in the NOTES section.
Practice/Game Facility Protocol:
- The first time listed on your schedule on each date is the start time for your team’s practice session which will then be immediately followed by your match(es).
- We will start check-in for the teams about 15 minutes before your scheduled start time.
- Entrance to the KIDSPORTS Fieldhouse will be the main entrance at the north end of the building.
- Entrance to the Lane County Fairgrounds will be the west entrance of the sports center building.
- As you wait in line, please stay socially distanced from others in line.
- A Health/Wellness check will be conducted for all participants, coaches, spectators and officials upon entering the facility.
- No outside food/drink allowed in the facility other than water bottles.
- We ask that all players, coaches, and spectators leave the facility promptly after the completion of the game. The next teams arriving need to get checked-in and have the courts cleared quickly.
- Gym Supervisors will direct you to the appropriate exit.