2023 Rookie Tackle Football Academy
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Contact Customer Service for late registration on a space available basis.
Register in the grade your child will be entering this fall.
All Tackle Football players are required to have a current sports physical on file with KIDSPORTS. READ MORE HERE.
* Scholarship discount of 40% off is available to those that qualify: Click Here for requirements
Contact us before you complete your registration to provide us with your proof of scholarship qualification and to have us make the scholarship option available on your account in our new DaySmart registration system.
2023 Rookie Tackle Football for 6th-8th graders will be an in-house academy delivered to athletes by well experienced, dedicated coaches and staff who are knowledgeable about playing football at the safest level.
Overview Rookie Tackle Season:
- Registration Deadline: August 9th
- Registration Fee: $175.00
- Conditioning Training Camp Week: August 21st-25th
- Aug. 21, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Aug. 22, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Aug. 23, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Aug. 24, 4:30pm-6pm @ Civic Park
- Aug. 25, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Equipment fitting and check out by appointment groups: Week of Aug. 28 – Sept. 1 ** Parent signature required to check out gear.
- Practices (2 each week):
- Tues. Sept. 5th, Wed. Sept. 6th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Sept. 11th, Tues. Sept. 12th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Sept. 18th, Tues. Sept. 19th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Sept. 25th, Tues. Sept. 26th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Oct. 2nd, Tues. Oct. 3rd, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Oct. 9th, Tues. Oct. 10th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Oct. 16th, Tues. Oct. 17th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Mon. Oct. 23rd, Tues. Oct. 24th, 6:30pm-8pm @ Civic Park
- Games: Fall 2023 Tackle Football Game Schedule
Rookie Tackle is:
- Full contact
- Full Equipment
- Players Rotate to all positions.
- 6v6 or 7v7
KS Rookie Tackle Football pool of coaches includes but not limited to:
- Dan Duncan
- Mark Herbert
- Rob Harvey
- Jim Radcliffe
- Terance Scott
- Wyatt Piurkowsky
- Joe Davey
**We still welcome our volunteer coaches. Those interested in volunteering to help coach and learn from our expert coaches, should contact Kidsports to find out about the process for getting out on the field with the kids.
Why Rookie Tackle?
USA football rookie tackle as part of the football development model. Our program is based on best practices developed by research and experts in the youth sports field
- It’s a small sided tackle football game designed to be implemented as a bridge between flag football and 11 v 11 high school tackle football.
- It also serves a child’s first experience in to tackle football.
- By modifying the game for our youth an age-appropriate, athletes centered experience is established because.
- It encourages participation–with smaller rosters everyone plays and more teams can be formed
- Player Rotate Positions; participants rotate and learn multiple positions and skills on offence and defense
- Smaller Rosters; provide a greater coach to player ratio to foster individual attention and skill development
- Rules Modifications; in order to increase activity, game play and learning USA Football has made certain rule modifications structured into the framework.
- Smaller Fields; scaled to create an appropriate playing space for the age and abilities of younger athletes
Why an Academy @ Civic?
We want our athletes to have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of tackle football in the safest and most developmentally progressive environment as possible. Coaches are at the core of providing this development pathway. By selecting coaches that are experienced, well trained, and aligned with the USA Youth Football Development philosophies, KS And Civic Park will offer the safest and most age appropriate and fundamentally sound football program possible. Hosting all players together here at Civic, provides each player the same opportunity to learn and grow as an athlete, person, and football player.